Features of Senior Citizens Savings Account
- High-interest rates: Earn up to 7%* on your Savings Account & receive monthly interest payouts. Click here for Savings Account Interest Rates
- Dedicated relationship officer: Enjoy the services of a dedicated Relationship Officer who will act as your single point of contact across all your banking and financial needs.
- Higher rates on fixed deposits: Enjoy preferential interest rates on Fixed Deposits and earn a special up to 0.50% extra on your investments with the option of monthly and quarterly interest payout.
- Banking at your convenience: No need to visit a branch; now get all your banking transactions & other service requests executed from the comfort of your home with the help of our Video Banking facilities.
- Paperless banking: Enjoy the convenience of depositing funds into your account without the hassle of using a deposit slip.
- Priority servicing: Walk right up to the dedicated senior citizen desk available at every branch for a quick resolution of your banking requirements.
Other Benefits of Senior Citizens Savings Account
- Special pricing: Enjoy a flat 50% discount on Locker rentals.
- Tax Advisory services: Enjoy free tax advisory services on your tax-related queries.
- Feature-rich Debit Card: Enjoy special offers from leading brands with your VISA Gold Debit Card with enhanced insurance coverage.
- Relationship convenience: Enjoy the benefits of meeting your account balance requirement either through savings balances or with Fixed Deposits.
- Stay connected: Get instant alerts on your banking transactions free of cost.
- Special benefits: Our unique offerings include increased cash deposit limits and additional insurance benefits.
- Beyond banking: Stay updated on the latest happenings with our monthly newsletter.
If you are an Indian citizen residing in India and are 60 years old or above, you can open a Senior Citizen Savings Bank Account with us, India's best Small Finance Bank.
How to Apply for Senior Citizens Savings Account?
You can open an account with us through any of these options:
- Video Banking: You can now open an AU Senior Citizen Savings Account through our Video Banking service by clicking here. All you need is your PAN card, Aadhar card, and funds for initial funding.
- Call Customer Care: You can also apply for AU Senior Citizen Savings Account by calling our customer care number 1800-1200-1200.
- Visit your nearest branch: Walk into the closest AU Bank branch with your KYC documents and passport-sized photographs. You can fill in the application form at the branch to get the process started.
Service Fees for Senior Citizen Savings Account
As India's best Small Finance Bank,
we believe in complete transparency and provide you with a list of charges for the services offered. These include charges for your Debit Card, payment and collection services, transactions, and delivery fees. For more details, please refer to our Service Fee Reckoner.
Q1. What is a Senior Citizen Savings Account?
Banks offer a senior citizen account to individuals who are or above the age of 60 years. It offers higher interest rates compared to a regular savings account. Senior Citizen Saving Account holders can also enjoy a plethora of special services such as minimal documentation, personalized service, free tax advisory, extended banking hours, etc.
Q2. What are the interest rates on a Senior Citizen Savings Account?
Interest rates are important when you choose a savings account plan. We offer attractive rates with a monthly payout of interest to manage your cash flows. Click here
for more information on interest rates for senior citizens.
Q3. What is the average account balance required to open a Senior Citizen Savings Account?
The average monthly balance required to open a Senior Citizen Savings Account is INR 5,000/2000 for urban/core branches. Alternatively, maintain a Fixed Deposit of INR 25,000/-. For a list of branch categories, kindly click here
List of branches with urban/core categorization to be provided.
Q4. Are there any age criteria to open a Senior Citizen Savings Account?
Yes, to open up a Senior Citizen Savings Account, you must be 60 years and above. If you do not meet this criterion, we offer other Savings Accounts that can fit your needs.
* Terms and Conditions apply. Rates are subject to change at the sole discretion of AU Small Finance Bank.