Q1. What is BBPS?
Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS) is an integrated online platform developed by the National Payments Corporation of India for utility bill payments. The platform provides an interoperable service through a network of agents (Internet Banking, Mobile Banking, etc.) for consumers to make all kinds of bill payments through one channel - anytime, anywhere.
Q2. What are benefits of using BBPS?
The biggest advantage is that consumers have ‘control’ over all their bills in one place, and they can be paid from anywhere and anytime. A transaction can be done on any customer-facing channel, be it electronic (like the Internet, Mobile, etc.) or physical outlets like branches.
Q3. How can I use BBPS?
Bill payments from BBPS can be made using:
- Bill payment option in your AU 0101 App/NetBanking.
- By visiting your nearest AU Bank Branch to make the payment.
- Through the BBPS bill payment link for instant access.
First, choose the category of the bill for which you want to make a payment and then fill in the bill details and complete the payment.
Q4. What is the Fetch Bill option?
When paying your utility bills, you are not required to enter your bill amount. The system will fetch the amount from the biller and display it on the screen automatically. This service is only applicable for billers who have enabled a fetch service.
Q5. Are there any charges for making payments using BBPS?
Currently, no charges are levied for BBPS; however, the same is subject to change as per BBPS standards/rules/guidelines.
Q6. What are the timings for BBPS transactions?
BBPS services are available 24 hours a day, all days of the week, throughout the year, including all public holidays. At AU Bank branches the service is available only during banking hours.
Q7. If the transaction is incomplete, when will I get my money back?
In the event of a failed or incomplete transaction, the amount will be returned to you through the same payment mode within 2-3 working days.
Q8. How long will it take for payment confirmation?
A payment confirmation will be instantaneously sent to the registered mobile number or email (as provided while making the bill payment) upon the successful completion of the transaction.
Q9. How can I view my transaction status?
You can view your transactions by visiting the transaction history option on the bill payment menu in AU 0101 App / NetBanking
Q10. What are the current biller categories in BBPS?
Bharat Bill Pay offers bill payment categories like electricity, telecom, DTH, gas, water bills, Insurance, loan repayments, education fees, FASTag recharge, municipal taxes, housing society, subscription fees, etc. at one single window.
Q11. What are the applicable terms and conditions?
- Currently, we offer Bill Payment under BBPS through our AU 0101 App /NetBanking, AU Bank website & at our bank branches.
- Non-receipt of instant confirmation over SMS/email due to communication service disruption is beyond our control.
- Web Browser compatibility is applicable, i.e., Internet Explorer 9 and above, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.
- Availability of payment options (Fetch/Quick pay) is subject to the facility offered by the biller concerned.
- Currently, no charges are being levied; however, the same is subject to change as per BBPS rules and guidelines.