Q1. What is BBPS?
Bharat Bill Payments System (BBPS) is an integrated online platform developed by the National Payments Corporation of India for utility bill payments. The platform provides an interoperable service through a digital and network of agents i.e. bank internet banking, mobile banking, and retail shops for consumers to do a bill payment, at one place, Anytime anywhere.
Q2. What are benefits of using BBPS?
The biggest advantage is that the consumer has the "Control" of all his bills at one place and can be paid anywhere and anytime. A transaction ca be done on any customer facing channel be it Electronic (like Internet, Mobile, Kiosk ATMs etc.) Or Physical outlets like branches, retail across the country via Cash, Card, IMPS etc.
Q3. How can I use BBPS?
Bill payments from BBPS can be made using the
- Bill payment option in your AU Bank Internet & Mobile Banking
- Through BBPS bill payment link on the home page of AU Bank website or by visiting BBPS application for instant access. You can choose the category of bill you wish to make a payment for. Post which you need to fill the details about your bill and make the payment. Currently the Bank is offering Bill Payment under BBPS through its Internet-Banking and Mobile Banking platform, other payment modes shall be added subsequently.
Q4. What is Fetch Bill option?
For making payment of your utility Bill, there is no need to enter your bill amount System will fetch amount from biller and displays it on the screen.
Q5. What mandatory details do I need to enter while paying Bill?
All ‘*’ Marked fields are mandatory for making Bill payment.
Q6. Is there any charges for making payment using BBPS?
Currently no charges are being levied; however, the same is subject to change as per BBPS standards/rules/guidelines.
Q7. What are the timings for BBPS transactions?
BBPS services are available 24 hours of the day, all days of the week, throughout the year including all public holidays.
Q8. If the transaction is not completed when will I get my money back?
Amount will be returned to the customer through the same payment mode within 2-3 working days.
Q9. How long will it take for the payment confirmation?
Payment confirmation shall be received on registered mobile / e-mail (As provided while making bill payment) upon successful completion of the transaction instantaneously.
Q10. How can I view my transaction status?
You can view your transaction by visiting BBPS application
through Transaction Status screen.
Q11. How can I raise a complaint?
A customer can raise a complaint directly from BBPS application
through Raise Complaint menu on our Bank website. Complaint can raise by a customer for a successful / pending / failed transaction. Transaction ID will be used as a unique reference number for raising complaints.
Q12. How can I track my complaint?
A status will be assigned to each complaint, Customer can track complaint from BBPS application
through Check Complaint Status menu.
Q13. What are the current biller categories in BBPS?
Bharat BillPay offers all recurring payments like electricity, telecom, DTH, Gas, water bills, Insurance, Loan repayments, Education fees, FasTag Recharge, Municipal taxes, Housing society, Subscription fees etc. at one single window.
Q14. What are the applicable terms and conditions?
- Currently the Bank is offering Bill Payment under BBPS through its Internet-Banking platform, Mobile Banking and AU Bank Website( https://bbps.aubank.in/BBPSAgentPortal/bbpsQuickPay ) other payment modes shall be added subsequently.
- Non receipt of Instant confirmation over SMS / E-mail due to communication service disruption is beyond Banks control.
- Web Browser compatibility applicable i.e Internet Explorer 9 and above, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.
- Availability of payment options (Fetch/Quick pay) is subject to facility offered by the Biller concerned.
- Currently no charges are being levied; however, the same is subject to change as per BBPSstandards/rules/guidelines.