With various options available in the market, kaise decide kare ki paise kaha invest karna hai? Yaha hum apki help kar sakte hai by giving you detailed information about Fixed deposit.
1. Minimum Deposit limit: Different banks have different minimum deposit limits for FD. Most of the banks have INR 1000 as the minimum amount to be deposited in FD. But zada paise ka deposit hone se banks offer higher interest rate to the depositors.
2. Interest payment: As a rule, aapke deposit pe banks interest pay karte hai. Aap ye interest ya to apne FD ke maturity/end pe le sakte hai. Otherwise banks provide an option to get interest either monthly, quarterly or annually for regular income.
Iske alawa many banks offer extra interest to senior citizen (aged 60 years and above on the date of opening the FD), bank’s staff, ex-employees, etc.
3. Time period: Aapka paisa bank ke pass reh sakta hai from 7 days to 10 years as per your choice. It means that fixed deposit can be opened for maximum of up to 10 years in a bank.
4. When to withdraw: Generally, you should withdraw FD ka amount at the end of its time period. Lekin agar aap kisi reason se time period ke end hone se pehle paise nikaal/withdraw lete hai to banks ek penalty fee charge karte hai aapse.
But sometimes banks offer karte hai ki aap apne FD ke amount ka thoda paise time period se pehle withdraw kar sakte hai. Isme banks do not charge any penalty from you.
5. What to do after maturity: Once you have opened a FD account, apko bank ko batana hota hai ki apko kya karna hai FD ki maturity ke baad. You have various options for this like:
a. FD ka amount aur interest dono apke account me daal dia jaye
b. Interest apke account me daal diya jaye aur FD ka amount wapis FD me invest karde.
c. FD ka amount aur interest dono ko wapis FD me invest karde.
Agar aap koi otpion nahi select karte then banks firse apki FD ko same time ke liye badha dete hai.
6. Loan overdraft: This facility is provided by bank to cover your emergency situations. It means ki aap apne FD ke amount ka kuch percentage loan ki tarah le sakte hai. Isse you can have two benefits:
a. You will get money incase of emergency.
b. Apko FD ke amount ko withdraw nahi karwana padega and penalty bhi nahi deni hogi.
7. Nomination facility: Banks allow you to open FD in different banks. Isliye aap apne FD mein kisi ko nominate bhi kar sakte hai so that they can take care of your FD incase in future you are not able to.
8. Tax on FD: The interest that you earn on your FD is taxable (if your interest earned during a financial year is more than INR 10,000). Isliye jo bhi interest aap earn karte hai FD pe uska 10% is deducted as tax. But there is another alternative to save tax, i.e Tax saving FD. Under this, aap tax bacha sakte hai kyonki tax charge nahi hota. But you cannot withdraw amount before the time period, 5 years se kam ki FD nahi karwa sakte and loan facility will not be available.
FD ke baare me sab janne ke baad, ab aap decide kariye ki what is best for you and your money? Because banks will always be there for you to take care of you and your money.