1. What are the documents required to be submitted to apply for FASTag
1. Signed FASTag application form provided by AU Bank along with Passport size photograph of the vehicle owner (if purchasing from a branch).
2. Registration Certificate (RC) of the vehicle (mandatory)
3. PAN Card of the vehicle owner (mandatory)
4. KYC documents as per the category of the vehicle owner
5. A valid driving license (Optional)
6. Image of Vehicle (Optional)
2. What are the benefits of using FASTag?
1. No Need to stop at the toll plaza for toll payment
2. No need to carry cash & look for exact change for the toll payment.
3. Saves traveling time
4. Save Fuel as no need to wait at the plaza for payment
5. Easily Link to your bank account.
6. Online Recharge – Tag can be recharged online through Credit Card / Debit Card / UPI.
7. SMS alerts for toll transactions, Account Balance and Transaction statement, etc.
3. What are the benefits of using FASTag?
- No Need to stop at the toll plaza for toll payment
- No need to carry cash & look for exact change for the toll payment.
- Saves traveling time
- Save Fuel as no need to wait at the plaza for payment
- Easily Link to your bank account.
- Online Recharge – Tag can be recharged online through Credit Card / Debit Card / UPI / NEFT or Net banking. SMS alerts for toll transactions, Account Balance and Transaction statement, etc.
4. Which all Toll Plaza are ready for FASTag?
Around 600+ toll plazas are live on FASTag now. List of toll plaza is available on IHMCL or NHAI website. You can also check for the list here (https://www.npci.org.in/netc)
5. What If there is a double deduction of toll charges?
Kindly contact our customer service desk at 1800 258 7300 to report the double deduction issue. We shall review the complaint and based on its merit, raise a chargeback for the duplicate transaction.
6. How I can replace my FASTag?
Reach out to us at 1800 258 7300
7. What do I do if there is an incorrect deduction of toll charges?
Kindly contact our customer service desk at 1800 258 7300 to report the incorrect deduction issue. We shall review your complaint and based on its merit, raise a chargeback for the excess amount deducted.
8. What information will need to be provided to bank for resolving any dispute?
1. VRN (Vehicle Registration Number)
2. Toll Plaza Name
3. Plaza City
5. Transaction Toll Slip for toll transaction dispute
6. Transaction ID / Screenshot for wallet reload related dispute
For multiple transaction failures, we would request you to kindly share the details separately for each transaction.
9. My FASTag delivery is delayed. What can I do?
If bought at a branch, FASTag will be handed over to you at the time of placing the request. In case of online application, FASTag will be sent to your registered address. In case you do not receive the tag, we request you to kindly contact the bank's customer service desk at 1800 258 7300 to raise a complaint regarding the delayed delivery of FASTag.
10. Is FASTag working on all State Highway tolls?
FASTag can be used in all toll plazas managed by National Highway Authority of India and for a few State Highways where it has been implemented. However, we request you to check the list of FASTag enabled plazas (https://www.npci.org.in/netc).
11. What if I relocate to another city?
FASTag will work on all the enabled toll plazas across the country.
12. What if the FASTag gets damaged?
In case the FASTag gets damaged, please contact the bank to for a replacement.
13. What if I sell/ transfer my car
In case you have sold or transferred your vehicle, we would request you to inform bank about the same and close the FASTag account.
14. What is the validity of FASTag?
The validity of tags bought from our branch i5 years and the validity of tags bought online using our application portal is 2 years.
15. Why are the toll rates different for different vehicle categories?
The categorization is primarily based on the size and load they carry and type of use (commercial/personnel) of a vehicle.
16. How do I update my Vehicle number in the system?
You can put the request by logging into the customer portal provided to you to manage your FASTag account.
17. Is there any minimum or maximum value for FASTag recharge/top-up?
Yes minimum value is defined in the FASTag Schedule of Charges as per vehicle type. The maximum value of recharge will be Rs. 10,000
18. What if my FASTag is not working at the toll plaza?
In case FASTag is not accepted at an eligible toll plaza, please call on the 1033 toll-free number and register the complaint about the same. 1033 call center is set up by NHAI (Govt. of India) for all road assistance to the highway user which includes FASTag as well.
19. How will I come to know my account is debited for toll transactions?
Once the toll amount is deducted, you will receive an SMS confirming the amount that has debited from your FASTag wallet.
20. I have two vehicles. Can I use one FASTag for two vehicles?
You can use only one tag for one vehicle. Once Tag is affixed on the windshield of the vehicle, it cannot be removed as it will get damaged and will not work for future payments.
21. Do I need to use any specific lane at the toll plaza for FASTag?
Yes, you have to use the lanes demarcated only for FASTag users. Only FASTag marked lanes have the required RFID infrastructure installed to detect FASTag. In case you enter a cash lane, the FASTag will not be detected and toll needs to be paid in cash.
22. What do I have to do if I have lost/ damaged my RFID Tag? What will happen to the account balance?
Please report the damage or loss of tag/vehicle to us immediately by calling 1800 258 7300 or visiting the nearest bank branch and request to blacklist the tag so no further transaction is allowed on the FASTag. Balance amount in FASTag account will be blocked. You can apply for new FASTag and get the balance amount transferred to the new FASTag account or withdraw the balance amount by submitting a request.
23. What is the meaning of tag blacklisted? What can be done to avoid the Blacklist of tag?
A blacklist of tag means the vehicle is not allowed to pay through FASTag at the toll plaza. There could be various reasons for blacklisting of Tag, i.e. insufficient funds in FASTag account. To avoid Blacklisting of tag, please recharge the tag when alerted of low balance. Also FASTag can be blacklisted by the law enforcement agencies due to any rule violation complaint register against the vehicle.
24. I was forced to pay by cash at the toll plaza, though I am having sufficient balance in FASTag?
In case forcing to pay by cash though your account is having sufficient balance in FASTag, please call on the 1033 toll free number and register the complaint for the same. 1033 call center is set up by NHAI (Govt. of India) for all road assistance to the highway user which includes FASTag as well.
25. I had applied FASTag, received FASTag after 2-3 days. FASTag is still not activated.
Kindly reach us at 1800 258 7300.
26. Whether my existing RFID or any other RFID tag is accepted at all toll plaza or only FASTag is accepted where RFID system is enabled?
No, any RFID Tag will not be acceptable at the National Highway toll plaza. Only FASTag will be accepted on National Highway toll plazas.
27. I do not have enough amount in FASTag account to pass the toll plaza. Can I pass the toll Plaza in this scenario?
You will be allowed to pass through the 1st Toll plaza of your journey but later for the next toll plaza tag status will be shown under low balance. Hence either you will have to recharge the FASTag account or pay in cash while passing the Toll Plaza.
28. How return journey is calculated through FASTag?
Return journey toll fares are calculated by the central NETC system.
29. What if I have recharged the FASTag but Money is not credited in my FASTag Account?
Kindly reach us at 1800 258 7300
30. The vehicle is new and doesn't have a RC yet. How do I apply for FASTag?
You can apply for a FASTag using vehicle VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) / Chassis Number and Engine Number.
31. Why is there a 'security deposit'?
Security Deposit is taken by Bank against the tag issued. In case there is a default in payments, banks can adjust the dues from Security deposit.
32. I am not able to find my car in Vehicle class.
If you cannot find your vehicle type in the given categories, kindly reach us at 1800 258 7300
33. How does one ensure that the tag has a minimum balance?
a. You receive SMS notifications for each FASTag transaction
b. You can log on to customer portal to check your account balance
c. You call the bank contact center to know your balance.