Do's and Don'ts Of Mobile Banking | AU Small Finance Bank
Gateway to Digital Life. Download AU 0101.
Mobile banking makes banking very convenient. Here are some tips you must go through to ensure a safe mobile banking experience:
- Use the latest version of anti-virus and anti-malware software on your device
- Keep device applications, browser and operating system updated with the latest upgrade
- Ensure the security and safety of the apps downloaded from Google Play/ App Store
- Verify and agree to only those app permissions relevant for the app purpose
- Access protection:
- Ensure that access to the device is protected via password/ PIN/ any security feature provided in the device. Keep the maximum number of attempts to 3 or less
- Choose a strong password to keep your account and data safe
- Change your mPIN regularly
- The password should be complex and difficult for others to guess. Use combinations of letters, numbers, and special characters [such as !, @, #,$, %, ^, &,* (, )]
- Change your NetBanking password regularly
- Update your NetBanking password immediately on your personal device if you’ve accessed AU 0101 NetBanking on a shared network/ device (cyber-café, or any device other than your own)
- Report a lost or stolen phone immediately to your service provider and law enforcement authorities
- Register on the app using the mobile number registered with the bank
- Update E-mail ID to receive necessary communication from the bank
- Notify the bank in case of change in mobile number and register on app using updated mobile number
- Clear device’s browsing history, cache, temporary files and block any banking/ other important application before sharing/ sending your device for repair/ maintenance
- Turn off wireless services like Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, etc. when not in use. Use Bluetooth, if required, in invisible mode
- Log out from the App/ NetBanking session as soon as the task is completed. Close the browser tab too in case of a NetBanking session
- Be cautious while typing confidential information (username, passwords, mPIN, card details, etc.) in public places
- Regularly check the banking activities/ status – account statements, recent transactions, requests status, payments, etc
- Do not use unsecured or unverified Wi-Fi networks available at public places
- Do not use ‘jailbroken’ or ‘rooted’ devices for any banking service or transaction
- Do not download remote sharing apps (like AnyDesk)
- Beware of money mules. Do not scan any unverified QR code or enter PINs/ OTPs or share bank account details asked on the pretext of sending some rewards, etc.
- Do not enable Autofill/ save passwords of NetBanking on browser.
- Don't transfer funds without due validation of the recipient, as funds once transferred cannot be reversed.
- Avoid sharing confidential data:
- Don't store sensitive information such as card details, Mobile Banking/ NetBanking credentials, PINs and user ID on your device and never share these with anyone.
- Never reveal or write down PINs/ passwords or retain any email or paper communication from the bank regarding the PIN or password.
- Never share your passwords with others, including family members or any AU Small Finance Bank’s employee.
- Be cautious while accepting offers such as caller tunes or dialer tunes or open/download emails or attachments from known or unknown sources.
- Be cautious while using Bluetooth in public places, as someone may access confidential data/ information.
- Do not use passwords that are obvious, like your name/nickname, names of your family members, your address, phone number, or any other information that a thief might find in your purse or wallet.
- In case of more than one NetBanking user ID, use different passwords for each of them.
- Beware of phishing emails, SMS, or any other communications. Do not open any link or download any file from those media.
Learn more about using ATM card securely