The concept of hospitality has been redefined in these testing times where hotels are taking up measures to make travelers feel more confident about staying in hotels. And with new rules being rewritten, the hospitality industry is winning their customer's trust and faith back.
Several new initiatives are being rolled out in various hotels to ensure guests feel safe during their stay. Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, various luxury hotels and resorts have rolled out new hygiene protocols in their bid to ensure the safety and health of guests and staff alike. If you are traveling this season, the following luxury hotels and resorts should be on your bucket list. From contactless service to clutter-free restaurant areas, and further, to enhanced mobility and social distancing, several steps are being implemented by them to ensure that customers experience peace of mind during their stay.
ITC Hotels have launched a 'WeAssure' program, to ensure guests have a safe and hygienic stay at all their hotels. This initiative by ITC Hotels is designed in collaboration with medical professionals and disinfection experts. Some safety protocols by ITC Hotels are:
- All vehicles will undergo stringent deep-cleaning protocols upon arrival.
- Guests will undergo a mandatory contact-less temperature check. Moreover, hand sanitizers and face masks will be provided to all at the time of pick up.
- At restaurants, the seating arrangement has been remodeled to ensure maximum social distancing
- Contact-less ordering through e-menus supported with digital billing via online payment options has been implemented, to ensure customer safety
- For in-room dining, 'Knock & Drop' program has been started
- Advanced technologies like misting, steam cleaning, and more, are facilitated to achieve clinically clean standards.
- All service associates will not only wear prescribed Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), but will also undergo temperature checks at all times.
2. Oberoi Hotels & Resorts
For Oberoi Hotels & Resorts, the safety and wellbeing of guests have always been of prime importance. With the risks associated with COVID 19, the hotel has implemented extraordinary measures to further enhance hygiene and safety standards. Some safety protocols by Oberoi Hotels & Resorts are:
- All the cars and luggage on arrival will undergo a sanitization process to maintain hygiene
- The rooms are sanitized thoroughly before check-in and kept vacant for 48 hours before being allocated to a new guest
- Hand sanitizer/ disinfectant wipes available at each station
- The housekeeping staff is made to wear new masks and gloves at regular intervals
- All touchpoints in public spaces of the hotel - from elevator buttons, railings, door handles to countertops, are routinely cleaned with a disinfectant
- Restaurant tables and chairs are sanitized before and after the meal period
- Sanitized cutlery/ utensils are used to prepare food in the kitchen etc.
Taj hotels are known to deliver world-class luxury experiences. Apart from a relaxing staycation, the hotel assures safety and peace of mind to all guests, in these unprecedented times. Some safety protocols by Taj Hotels are:
- Sanitized rooms after check-outs and prior to reoccupation
- Thermal screening upon arrival is mandatory
- Regular health-checks and counseling support are provided to all associates
- Digital technology is used for seamless check-ins, check-outs, payments and dining experiences
- Proven disinfectants are used for regular and deep disinfection of all hotel areas
- All guest and service areas are being remodeled as per physical distancing norms.
Hyatt continues to monitor the COVID-19 situation closely. The team remains committed to offering enhanced levels of cleanliness—now and in the future with Safety Protocols such as:
- Sanitizer stations are prominently placed throughout hotels
- All guests will undergo temperature checks upon arrival
- Guests are required to wear face masks or coverings in hotel indoor public areas and when moving around in outdoor areas at all Hyatt hotels
- Knock-and-go contactless room service is implemented
- Digital technology is used for seamless check-ins, check-outs, payments, and dining experiences
- Social distancing signage is introduced throughout the hotel.
5. The Ritz-Carlton Hotels
Ritz-Carlton Hotels provides a clean and comfortable environment for all who visit their luxurious dwelling, with:
- Deeper and more frequent cleaning of high-traffic and high-touch areas, including handrails, elevator buttons, door handles and surfaces.
- Temperature screening upon arrival is compulsory
- Luggage and bell carts are sanitized after each contact
- Front desk, bell desk, and concierge desk - all equipped with plexiglass panels at counters
- Key cards are sanitized before distributing to the guests
- Guest elevator occupancy is limited to one party at a time
- Seating in restaurants, lounges, pools, and terraces are spaced in accordance with the state laws
- Face coverings must be worn by guests in common areas throughout the resort, per local ordinances.
The Leela has gone an extra mile to ensure the safety of all patrons. The team has launched a ‘Suraksha by The Leela’ initiative in association with Bureau Veritas India, wherein more stringent hygiene and cleaning protocols have been taken up to ensure safety for guests and the staff.
- Regular temperature checks are mandatory for all guests and employees at points of entry
- High-touch points and surfaces, including doorknobs, countertops, tabletops, wardrobes and handles are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized
- The rooms, the washrooms, the gym, fitness centers, and other public areas undergo rigorous deep-cleaning and disinfecting several times a day
- The staff uses electrostatic sprayers that disperse mist across large areas uniformly
- Check-in, check-out and payments are done through digital technology
- All the lobbies and public areas have been reconfigured to ensure social distancing norms are followed.
JW Marriott Hotels are passionate about delivering exceptional and truly memorable moments throughout your stay. Hence, in response to the current COVID-19 pandemic, the team has implemented a variety of new protocols and elevated practices, keeping in line with the high standards of luxury service it offers.
- Mandatory screening of body temperature upon arrival for all guests
- Guest will have to wear face coverings whenever they are in public areas of the hotel
- Signages are introduced throughout the hotel to remind guests about social distancing
- Seating capacity is reduced in restaurants and banquets
- A glass shield is installed at the front desk
- Check-in, check-out, and payments are done through digital technology
- Electrostatic sprayers with hospital-grade disinfectants are being used to provide an enhanced level of hygiene
- Sanitizers are available across all public areas in the hotel
- All food handlers are extensively trained for safe food practices
- The hotel has a dedicated hygiene audit team for daily checks on all processes.
As you may have noted, with so many safety protocols in practice, there is no need for too much worry. When unavoidable work or personal affairs call, head out to one of these hotels for a perfectly safe and memorable stay. Explore Travel Booking Offers
available on your Debit Card.